Todays fact check - lowest taxing Government

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-21/rudd-tax-to-gdp-ratio/4892178

The verdict:

Mr Rudd's claim checks out, although ABC Fact Check was unable to substantiate the figures he used.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately many people will not hear these facts  😞

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

A pretty pointless statement Donna unless you also state all the other variables such as over what perion and if that perion is within boom  or bust.

A more meaningfull comparison would be taxation to average income, including taxation ,direct or indirect, in all its forms 🙂

So there is a task for you, an opertunity to do a bit of research.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

But that might take longer than the one liner that is so handy to post.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I am actually attempting to reform Donna and get her to do some in depth thinking.

I know Donna is a very busy person and that she likes to be involved and it is less time consuming to lodge a quick post
🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@windrake wrote:

^^   Isn't this a "one liner"  ?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

GST revenue has taken a massive hit, which is why state governments are spiralling their charges northbound to make up their shortfalls. Why is GST down....? People losing jobs, or at least hours, not spending as much, and/or buying cheap imports online to get by.

And I'll shut off to the "created 990,000 new jobs blah blah spin" because even though as a one liner it may be true, then subtract how many full time jobs have been lost, compared to how many very limited part time jobs have been 'created' and enough research will find overall working hours are down.

Less work + less spending = less tax paid. Not rocket surgery Man Tongue

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@carls*world wrote:

GST revenue has taken a massive hit, which is why state governments are spiralling their charges northbound to make up their shortfalls. Why is GST down....?

Or it might be because of the billions that people are spending on eBay on goods from other countries.  The figures were out few days ago, if you include eBay spending, people are spending more and more.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

DY: "Todays fact check - lowest taxing Government"

"The decline in the current Government’s tax receipts was more a result of the global downturn which began during its first term than the result of any substantive policy changes."

The corollary of your comment DY is  highest  deficit  government, or even  government debt to GDP,  where it had been reduced to 9.70 % by December of 2007,  then by 2012, debt to GDP had risen to 20.70 %.

Ergo:  Today's fact check - highest debt to GDP government.

Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply