Video captures attack on teenager

Video captures attack on teenager at Port Augusta as father and son arrested

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-12/video-captures-alleged-assault-on-teenager-at-port-augusta/925...

A fight between 2 teenagers, it happens, doesnt mean its right but it does happen.

whats sick about this is the father of one of the boys is there, is involved, is egging his son on!

i would think his son is now on a direct course for a time in prison as hes been taught to use his fists to settle a dispute by the person who should have taught him violence is never the answer.

of course i dont know what caused this attack, but it doesnt matter. taking the law into your own hands is just not on.

it requires an apology, a payment for assult to the boy getting punched, and possibly a time behind bars. IMO

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Apparently the victim spat on the attackers' sister.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

spitting,

a disgusting thing to do.

but to then beat up the 'spitter' raises the bar.

so now should the beaten up person get to stab the guy who punched him, thus raising the bar to the next level?

then should the person 'stabbed' get to shoot the stabber?

on it goes until one of them is dead?

or do we just wipe off the spit, and walk away?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

"Allegedly" spat.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The attackers have been charged.

I don't admire the father encouraging his son to bash anyone either.

But I have some concerns about the report. I don't see that the race of the person attacked is necessarily relevant here. he was not attacked for skin colour but (it seems) from an incident where he spat on someone.

If he did spit on someone, then he has to realise this could have consequences. Sure, some people might wipe it off & walk away but a lot wouldn't. They would at the very least have something to say back. It's tempting fate.

If he did spit for no reason, then the attackers were provoked and their sentence should not be a stiff as it might be for an unprovoked attack (in my opinion).

What I would be asking though is why he spat-what set that off?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply