Volkswagen to squash iconic Beetle

Volkswagen to squash iconic Beetle car production in 2019 in preparation for electric line

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-14/volkswagen-to-squash-iconic-beetle-car-production/10248868

i allways feel good when i see an original beetle or an early mini minor.

i had both in my early driving days.

the mini was allways a nimble little car, easy to drive and park.

the veedubs were a bit rattley and under powered, but were easily converted into fun cars. i had one converted into a beach buggy.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

My eldest daughter's first car was a Beetle.....a nice bright pink one.  She was well known in the neighbourhood and could never go unnoticed.   I would often get told by strangers that they had seen her in her lovely pink car.

About 18 months later another pink Beetle appeared in the area but the owner had scant regard for the law as I found out when I started getting reports of my daughter doing things that she could not possibly be doing.....she was away on holidays and the car was in our garage.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

different times right?

try cutting the body off any modern car, slapping a fibreglass buggy body on and asking the relevant govt agency to let ya drive it on the road. lol

mine looked similar to this.

volkswagen-beach-buggy-9.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

sadly, i have no photos of mine, didnt own a camera back then, imagine that, not owning a camera!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had a beetle in the late 80s bought from an insurance savage yard when wrecks were allowed to be [re]registered

Last of the superbugs 74 model or 75 i think, with the pure purpose of flipping it because they're just not me

fixed up the slight front corner ding, and fitted a passat steering wheel and console

made a killing

Signatures suck.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply