Wheels fall off for AFL reboot?

Essendon's upcoming AFL matches in doubt after Conor McKenna's coronavirus test

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-21/essendon-afl-matches-in-doubt-collingwood-carlton-conor-mcken...

only 2 rounds into the new safe AFL season and a player tests positive

how can they continue with this fake season?

at least 2 rounds would see essingtin have to stand out whilst everyone self isolates (14 days)

do they just scrap 2 games for 3 teams?

there can be no getting around that surely

this player has been in contact with pretty much everybody i assume, if not directly then indirectly.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I'm actually frightened to comment in case I get too heated but I'm angry that so many people have lost jobs, businesses yet they give the go ahead for neanderthals to thump their chests en masse wtaf

The government have had their priorities wrong right from the start. There are still small events like Sunday markets, less contact than going into a supermarket, that are still shut down, where people aren't sweating, grabbing each other, breathing heavily on each other....

Okay I'd better stop but this country has bigger issues than bleeping football

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

I'm actually frightened to comment in case I get too heated but I'm angry that so many people have lost jobs, businesses yet they give the go ahead for neanderthals to thump their chests en masse wtaf

The government have had their priorities wrong right from the start. There are still small events like Sunday markets, less contact than going into a supermarket, that are still shut down, where people aren't sweating, grabbing each other, breathing heavily on each other....

Okay I'd better stop but this country has bigger issues than bleeping football

Dusty...I agree with everything you have said.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

just to let ya know

i follow port adelaide who currently sit on top of the ladder unbeaten

so i should be happy the AFL are back in business

but i see the bigger picture here, i feel

whilst the virus is still running wild, particularly in victoria, home of the AFL

the competition should be halted for the entire season

it looks to me like money is over riding safety here

its a micky mouse season put together to apease the TV gods

nothing more

stop the madness i say

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

just to let ya know

i follow port adelaide who currently sit on top of the ladder unbeaten

so i should be happy the AFL are back in business

but i see the bigger picture here, i feel

whilst the virus is still running wild, particularly in victoria, home of the AFL

the competition should be halted for the entire season

it looks to me like money is over riding safety here

its a micky mouse season put together to apease the TV gods

nothing more

stop the madness i say

Yes and I'm a dead set hypocrite because I sell football stuff from time to time, but if I thought about every sale from a moral standpoint, I'd be high and dry 😁

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Essendon's James Stewart the only player to head into isolation after Conor McKenna's coronavirus positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-23/2-essendon-players-isolation-conor-mckenna-coronavirus-positi...

they have got to be kidding!

pull the other one it plays jingle bells!

he only had close contact with 1 other player

if they get away with this its no surprise victoria has become coronovirus central

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I was watching The Drum yesterday afternoon and was absolutly revolted to see the footage of McKenna blowing snot and hawking and spitting during practice the other day.  Be a miracle if the whole team aren't infected.  

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Essendon player Conor McKenna returns negative result on latest coronavirus test

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-23/essendon-player-conor-mckenna-tests-negative-to-coronavirus/1...

whos doing the testing here?

we are not hearing of negatives then positives then negatives much elsewhere.

is there a problem with the testing?

how many others have been retested and found gone from a positive to a negative in a few days?

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

single tackle, a single touch point of contact is not a high risk of transmission from a player to another player in the same way as we're not seeing the same person who gave you your coffee this morning getting it from you," Dr van Diemen said.

"So single touch points like that are not high risk. If that was the case we would have seen huge amounts more of community transmission."

So have i got  this right?    'Single touch points'  (love the jargon)  are now  no problem?   So then why the social distancing rule? (  For others of course not footy players)     has Doc Anneliese got her foot in her mouth again? 

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply