Where's the log off button?

Ok ...  Granted, I'm slow on the up take with technology - this is my first, very basic smartphone (kogan Agora 4G). 

I have my eBay and gumtree set up but I can't find where I sign out! The manual is no help.

Help please...  Smiley Frustrated

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, it's well hidden using the eBay app...

found it by hitting the green arrow tab on the left

image.jpg

Then the "more" button gets you this...image.jpg

🙂

I have not used Gumtree, but this is their help page:

https://help.gumtree.com.au/knowledgebase.php?category=6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Smiley Embarassed So... the ebay app eventually signed itself out. Is that the way these smartphones work? The gumtree is still live but I guess it's swipe it to the bottom and forget about it huh! *head scratch

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

OK, it's well hidden using the eBay app...

found it by hitting the green arrow tab on the left

image.jpg

Then the "more" button gets you this...image.jpg

🙂

I have not used Gumtree, but this is their help page:

https://help.gumtree.com.au/knowledgebase.php?category=6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Gumtree app help page:

https://help.gumtree.com.au/knowledgebase.php?category=23

tried a few things in the search bar like sign out, log out, etc. ... Couldn't find it. Good luck.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I've deleted it... that worked! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Not good to have no way to sign out!

🙂

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your help amber. My computer guy just returned my call and told me it's perfectly normal for these apps to run all the time.

That's how eBay let you know about auctions due to end yadayada... 

I understand all that but I would still like the option to turn the app off if I wish to. Gumtree doesn't seem to give you that option with its phone app. Even my computer guy said it should still be an option for the consumer to make that choice. 

Thanks again amber. ♥

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I know you asked about Android but I found this which suggests the way I close iphone/iPad apps is the same. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/3470778/how-close-apps-in-ios-7/
Basically I double tap the home button then swipe the open apps up to close them.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Closing the eBay app with the swipe on the iThingy (mine's an iPad), still leaves you signed in, the next time it's opened. Unless the app times out your login.

so it isn't signing you out.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Oh sorry. I misunderstood the question.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply