Why do tradies keep using my toilet?

I don't mind of course. But I do wonder why every single tradie or delivery guy needs to use my toilet?

Is it because:

a) they think as I keep a clean house I'd also keep a clean loo and they  want to relieve themselves in cleanliness

b) they think my house is messy and they'd rather use a messy loo than a pristine loo because they are worried they'll mess it up

c) they feel comfortable enough to ask if they could use my loo because I'm a friendly warm approachable person

??

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

This is sometimes a ploy by the unscrupulous to 'case the joint', sometimes for themselves, sometimes for their friends.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

C

or they have weak bladders.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I don't think it's a ploy to 'case' the joint. My toilet is in the laundry where most of the tradies/delivery people are working.

I think it's C too having thought about it.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

If they're old tradies,it could be incontinence
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

d) your neighbours live really close and they are worried they will get sprung if they avail themselves of Mother Nature's facilities.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Oh believe me my hubby and son never ask unless they are desperate, they'd rather stop somewhere on the way to a job.  I'd say in your case the answer is C.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

D) they need to poop and it's ground dogging

I find tradies only ask when they need to poop.  If they want to pee they usually flop it out behind a tree, post, ute door etc.

edit:spelling

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

This guy didn't need to poop. I'd run out of toilet paper and was going to replace it but hadn't got around to it. When he asked me if he could use my toilet I replied "of course, just let me give you a roll of toilet paper" as I opened the laundry cupboard and pulled out a roll and tried to hand it to him.

He blushed and said "oh that won't be nescessary". Cat Embarassed

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

I think it is C too.

However, I mention casing the joint because I have had two instances where a delivery guy and one of the casual  tradies used the toilet in my garage where I have stuff stored while my new house is being renovated (I am not living there yet).

In both instances there was stuff lifted from the garage.

I didn't realise this until after they had left.   Nothing I could prove....so I just filed it away as experience.

They had full access to my internal house toilets (where there are guys working) but chose not to use them. 

My wonderful renovator/builder told me that often tradies will case the joint and pass it onto crooked friends.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply