Would non-melting chocolate be as good? Time for another chocolate thread lol

A chocolate that doesn't melt in 38C heat.

I wonder how good it will taste? What do you think? To me taste and texture is most important when it comes to chocolate.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/manufacturer-invents-chocolate-that-wont-melt-even-in-38c-...

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

As for who loves chocolate I found this bit interesting.

"The global list of the most veracious chocolate lovers is dominated by European countries with the Swiss, Germans and Austrians the most likely to succumb to a hit of cocoa followed by the Irish and British.

Australia isn’t far behind though. According to Euromonitor, chocolate consumption in Australia was the 14th highest in the world in 2104 and we are the closest country to the hot weather of the equator with such a deep love of the treat."

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I can guarantee DD has done her very best to boost Australia's standing.

Robot Frustrated

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Good to see she is doing us proud

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

All I can find is one review / press release, repeated over and over in different sites, and they all say the same thing - people probably wont like the taste as much.

My advice; get your hands on a block of it and see for yourself.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

It will probably end up on the same shelf as the Vegemite chocolate block,(currently on special again as it

just isn't selling),shok.gif

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I know it's being pedantic, but I just can't help myself....

....veracious means truthful.  I think they meant voracious (but maybe the chocolate eaters in Europe are particularly truthful

Smiley LOL 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I took it as true chocolate lovers or those who admit how much they eat.  But it could be an error - you find lots of those.

Would certainly be handy at this time of year when buying boxes of chocolate for gifts lol - but if no one likes non melting chocolate what is the point. Just how long would one have to munch till it melts, could save a few calories.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply