Yoko Ono forces 'John Lemon' drink to re-brand

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-21/yoko-ono-forces-john-lemon-drink-to-re-brand/8966898

i'm no fan of Yoko but good on her for stopping a company trying to profit off John Lennons name.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe they should quit while they're ahead and change businesses. They could start a shoe business and call their first shoe the Mick Jogger. Then they'd probably get sued by a dozen ex-lovers and two dozen offspring. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Definitely an attempt to cash in.

It gets a bit more murky when the brand is someone's actual name...which happens to be the same as someone or something more well known.

I remember reading years ago about a place called the Albert Hall in the UK suing one Mr Albert Hall who had a small orchestra which he advertised as (not surprisingly) the Albert Hall Orchestra.  In the end the judge found in Mr Hall's favour, citing that the Albert Hall building didn't have an orchestra, and Mr Hall's orchestra was very small and unlikely to be linked to the building.

These days it seems to be much more of a bunfight with a hell of a lot of money involved.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

John Lemmon was a famous actor, best remembered for his role in The Odd Couple with Wlater Matheau.

His family did not jump around because a company is using a very common name.

Yoko Ono knows how to get attention and get into the news, because the majority of people have forgotten her.

Erica

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

John Lemmon was a famous actor, best remembered for his role in The Odd Couple with Wlater Matheau.

His family did not jump around because a company is using a very common name.

to be fair, he was known as Jack Lemmon, not John

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

They could have some baby soothers called

Harry Colic Jnr 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

i dont allways agree with companys stopping other companys from using a name.

some years ago when richard branson was in his early stages of becomming megga man, he took out a legal thing for the word 'virgin'

his 'people' then started sending nasty letters to businesses who had that word in their company name.

one such company was a tiny south oz business that had been in business for like 50 years, mr branson killed that company with his i'm bigger than you lawyers. they just didnt have the money to get everything changed to a new name so they closed.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply