Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Charles Darwin believed in a Creator?

I have just finished reading Origin of The Species. As far as I can see there is nothing that Darwin says that denies a Creator - in fact his last sentence enforces Creation. I agree with his ideas on natural selection etc and that original creation ...

Carlton Sued under 18C Racial Vilification

Many Australians were wondering why Carlton the rabid racist, was allowed to continue his rants against the Jewish population for so long. Section 18C of the act makes it unlawful anything that is reasonably likely to offend, insult, humiliate or int...

Resolved! Four Day Music Theme is ~ Eyes

The idea of this competition is to select a youtube video [or videos from any site] that associates with the chosen theme.Preferably in the lyrics - long as the song or the track is in context with the chosen theme.The title of the song/artist to be ...

Hey I have my own channel now

You guys are ALL invited to my new channel to either talk or listen to music. http://chatonic.com/room/ufo_talk_or_music_fun_room Channel is called = UFO Talk or Music Fun Room Registration is free.

Terrible fall out from Govt cutbacks

I wonder if when the Government decides to withdraw funding for a medical safeguard if they have any idea of the consequences for the family of the patient involved. About 18 months ago the funding for a psychiatrist to travel from Sydney to a region...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! I'm Poor

So I just back my car out of the garage and walk to wherever I need to go.

Smart meters and off peak

Ok so I have a new smart meter. Which is all good and fine, so I ring up my electricity provider yes I have off peak between 10 and 7. I start reading more, email and get told this. 'I can confirm that you do have peak and off peak, but the off peak ...

Cooking for one cookbooks

I have a friend who has recently be widowed.She told me today she really misses cooking now it's just for one person and she doesn't really know how to cook for just herself. Does anyone know of a really nice cookbook for small meals that doesn't bla...

Mobiles and facebook

I finally relented and bought a mobile, have set it all up and did not even touch the Facebook link.Haven't been on fb for ages and no longer have an account.For the last few days I have been getting text messages from Facebook asking if I know these...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Wildfires

We've got 9 major fires burning in Oregon right now, 3 right around Southern Oregon, and two more have been reported, one just north of us, and one 12 miles south. Over 300 lightning strikes in our locality this afternoon. Looks like Erickson will be...

Tea Towels

I desperately need some new tew towels, but the last few I bought were terrible. No absorbency at all, and tiny.....some of my handkerchieves are bigger. I used to buy the jumbo 3pack from Coles (sort of a cotton weave), but they dont seem to make th...

Clover Moore on borrowed time

At last Sydney businesses are going to be able to vote for the mayor for Sydney. Businesses will be afforded 2 votes per business and residents 1 vote per person. Up to 80.000 businesses will be able to vote. 80.000 businesses who were not willing to...

Robin Williams Dead at 63

What a good actor. Possible suicide http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-12/robin-williams-dead/5664414