Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! This weeks photo challenge theme is - PERSISTENCE

Rules Photo must be your own work Photos can be digitally edited Most kudos wins Winner announced on Monday the 26th May Winner chooses next theme Please put spiders in spoiler boxes

User avatar by Community Member
  • 125 replies
  • 0 Helpful

She must be some might fine designer

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/21/tony-abbotts-daughter-did-not-have-to-pay-for-60000-design-degree?CMP=twt_gu Tony Abbott’s daughter Frances received a “chairman’s scholarship” for a degree costing more than $60,000 from the Whitehouse In...

• 220 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Deutsche Bank Refuses Finance For Coal Port

Reuters reported that, following outcry from environmental activists and tourism operators, Deutsche Bank has stated it will not aid in the funding of coal port expansion near Australia’s great barrier reef. Port operator North Queensland Bulk Ports ...

• 9 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Youtube and it's uses.

I would never have believed that I would ever use youtube for anything........... but quite a long time ago on this forum, I was introduced to it by Ellymay? I think.Since then, it has been my go to source for all kinds of things but mainly sewing an...

Budget Hole looming

The Abbott government is facing an early budget shortfall because it has no hope of passing many of its key measures through the existing Senate and members of the new Senate, starting on July 1, have said they will not support retrospective or backd...

Resolved! Parliament House security being questioned

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/liberal-senator-bill-heffernan-brandishes-pipe-bomb-to-make-point-on-parliament-security-20140526-38xwp.html Liberal senator Bill Heffernan has smuggled what appeared to be a "pipe bomb" into Parl...

Scam/spam freaky phone call from 0252525252

Don't answer it if they call you.A lot of people are getting a call from this number. When you answer a voice says Hullo World.If you try and ring the number back, you will get a disconnected message. I have no idea what this is about. Hubby just got...

• 16 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Anyone watch Lateline Tom Keneally?

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3876609.htmEMMA ALBERICI, PRESENTER: Over the past 40 years, there's been a seismic shift in the attitudes of Australians towards asylum seekers. Researchers have found that we were much happier to accept ...

Old Stagers Booby Traps For PMs

WHEN you’re prime minister, you’ve got to watch those old stagers, silly or otherwise. Bob Hawke learned his lesson in 1989 from a run-in with Whyalla pensioner Bob Bell, who challenged the then PM about earning more in a week than he got in a year. ...

• 12 replies
  • 1 Helpful