Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Ruby Princess Hearing Findings

The conclusions have come through... Mr Walker said the Australian Border Force, which was involved in migration and contraband processes with the arriving ship, was not to blame for the failures around the Ruby Princess. Mr Walker found the delay co...

Pip the Magic Dachshund

A dachshund puppy named Pipsqueak has finally been reunited with her Australian family after a last minute hurdle almost ended the dog's 17,000km journey home.In March, Pipsqueak joined her family Zoe and Guy Eilbeck along with their children on a fo...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful

South Australian cat breeder convicted of cruelty

South Australian cat breeder convicted of cruelty offences handed suspended prison sentence https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-13/sa-cat-breeder-convicted-of-cruelty-offences-rspca/12555992 how the ... was she allowed to keep any animals???

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

what the?

what the hecks going on with blood tests? so i have type 2 diabetes and get sent to have blood tests then a week later have a 'review' with a nurse and my doctor.no problem therebut recently these tests, well not the acctual test, but the time i am f...

• 43 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Forever 18

Australian war hero Teddy Sheean will be awarded a posthumous Victoria Cross following a review by an expert panel. Sheean died in 1942 when the HMAS Armidale was sunk by Japanese bombers in the Timor Sea. The 18-year-old strapped himself to an anti-...

• 17 replies
  • 4 Helpful

Massive Explosion Rocks Beirut

It surprises me no-one's commented on this latest world crisis. Are wereallyl so insular on this forum? Considering we have such a large percentage of Lebanese-Australians in our country? "A massive explosion has rocked Lebanon's capital Beirut, kill...

• 31 replies
  • 0 Helpful

bushfire survivors are struggling

Still without water or heating, some bushfire survivors are struggling through a bitter winter. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-06/four-corners-portrait-of-cobargo-bushfire-recovery/12407028?nw=0 but hey, spare a thought for our politicians, they...

• 19 replies
  • 2 Helpful

bird-loving twins in pelican egg rescue

Sunshine Coast bird-loving twins Paula and Bridgette Powers in pelican egg rescue https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-07/sunshine-coast-twinnies-rescue-pelican-from-certain-death/12492062

• 3 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! Can anyone help ?

My 93 year old friend does not drive or use a computer. She lives alone in a retirement village. Her nearest relative is in regional Victoria. I am her "unofficial" carer. For the past few years I have taken her shopping, to Doctors etc. We live 2 km...

Resolved! Caption This #277

Caption this #277 Winner will be the caption that has the most kudos.In the case of a tie, winner will be decided by OP. Winner to start the new round. Closes Sunday 9th August 2020 (during evening).

1_630_1120_1_70__insidesport_2015-08-Competition-pic-resized.jpg

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...make lemons, as the saying goes... I love the new ideas that people have had and innovations that businesses have come up with to overcome the tedium and loss of income Covid has brought like these clever little creations some bakery has come up w...

• 10 replies
  • 5 Helpful

Talk about Screwed up :P

So heres a screw up lolhttps://imgur.com/a/bT5iKpT So i need a M4 x 10mm Vesa mount screws for my monitor mount support to replace.Doing what anyone would do, Google the make and size and hope i find a store that hits the match.JACKPOT! we have a win...