digiconau today

23 REPLIES 23

digiconau today

Yet another NBN promotion. I reckon if you put all the individual Google pages, end to end, that have been posted by the NBN, you would have a longer trail than that of the length of fibre installed, and be able to do it  much quicker!

I notice the promoter/speaker  uses the analogy of "the new railroad" for the NBN, but unlike the NBN model, makes no mention of shutting down  roads or tram-tracks to remove viable competition !

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

Wow, are you going to have a go at those who post endless Gillarhate tripe?

If you recall NBN Co started their build along side the existing infrastructure without trying to shut anyone down. 

Any deals done since that time have been for the benefit of Telstra and the people. It is waste to maintain a copper network parallel with the fibre one. Almost everyone knows and acknowledges that.

Digicon is the Digital Productivity Conference and is of interest to some of us.

If you don't like don't read.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

For anyone interested. Get it?

Any different than always going on about Telstra HFC? Which is not of interest to anyone where that service is not available in their area.  NBN however will be available soon in some of those areas, so that is of interest.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

I wish I got to use the Mars Yard while I was at school.

Reverse of a 30 year decline in students taking science subjects.

Students learning actual research skills. Levels the playing field for students in regional areas.  Further from city lower the performance, previously losing students from science because of location.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

Freaki, I have an NBN question. What ways do you see it assisting rural communities?

I know it'll be vital for education and health, but what ways will it help individuals who live in rural Australia?

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

Freaki, I have an NBN question. What ways do you see it assisting rural communities?

I know it'll be vital for education and health, but what ways will it help individuals who live in rural Australia?

There was a farmer conferenceing with the uni testing soil quality earlier.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

@CSIROnews               

For people living in remote Aus, telehealth based eye care can reduce travel for treatment by 83%

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

I hadn't thought of property owners. I think I saw something on landline about them being able to do online stock sales, so they don't have to put stock through the trauma of transport and stockyards. That would save lots of money, too, by transporting direct between properties. 

I can see a heap of health benefits, for example country doctors would be able to get professional diagnosis, 2nd opinion etc. 

Personally, I want it so I can get Apple TV lol

I think it will close the divide between country and city for business, too, and might encourage bigger corporations to move their head offices. 

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

digiconau today

There was a session on regional this morning.

This arvo there is one on cloud and one on health and aging following by telework and education & training.

I've tuned into stream 2.  Regional, health, education today.  Not sure if I can view stream 1 later or not.  The events are often uploaded for later viewing.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply