email account hacking alert

Last night i got an email from my son's fiancee titled "trigger ed" & said there was a hi5 notification with a link to click to read it in my private messages.I never click on links but it was from someone i know at 11.30 & i thought it must have been important.

So then i realized my account had been hacked & had to mess around changing all my eBay notification settings,password with PayPal etc.

I messaged her today & she said she also got hacked the same way & that there is a story about some Russian crime gang who have stolen 1 billion online passwords.She sent me a link but I'm not clicking on it Smiley Sad

Just thought I'd let people know or remind people to not click on a link even if it comes from a trusted person's account or you may be hacked.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for that Narelle,   they are getting more clever by the day. I wouldn't think twice about opening a link

from someone I know very well.  

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have a similar problem. Since I changed my eBay password I have received 55 messages on Monday, 35 yesterday and another 50 today from those two places.

postmaster@homail Delivery Status Notification

eBay member communication failure notice (failurenotice@members.ebay.com)

Also several people have received emails from me in the last few days. I have not sent any emails to anyone for several weeks. One of my Granddaughters called me on the phone telling me about the email. The link appearantly is from some slimming product company. She thought it odd, as she is a very slender girl.

I did a virus scan and my protector found nothig.

Slowly getting sick of these underhanded games some people play.

Erica Woman Mad

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes i got the postmaster one also 'cos they tried to email my ex (ugh) twice & it failed.My youngest son got a fake facebook friend request from fake me today while he was trying to recover my account.

It's a nuisance to have to change everything. since my account is hijacked & i can't access it all I'm not getting any emails.

I usually vigillant about emails with links,i get all the fake eBay & PayPal ones but this one was from a person i know.So while i thought it was odd i didn't suspect it as harmful.

Diet company eh?well the can't email me any offers 'cos they are running my account.I hope they are bored of all the many shopping emails i get daily.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I got one from a friend saying he had sent a message via Skype and a link.

I know he doent use skype so I rang him and told him he was hacked and sending emails out, he told me last night his computer had sent dozens of emails to people.

he never thought to contact them and tell not not to be as srupid as he was and not to click on the link.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply