idiots climbing mountains

French mayor urges action on 'wackos' after tourist abandons rowing machine on Mont Blanc

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-04/british-tourist-abandons-rowing-machine-on-mont-blanc/1147649...

make him go back and remove it!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Read it - he couldn't - weather conditions etc etc etc.

But says he will.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'm not sure why he needed to take the machine up the mountain. Surely if it is a charity raiser, people would just support him for the climb alone?

As for the tourist who insisted on taking a dog up a mountain with him, against advice, and it returned with bloodied paws, that is animal cruelty in my opinion.

I can recall a long while back, Aust had to pick up the tab for some person in a yacht who was doing a solo round the world thing. The mutterings were that these people always seemed to run into trouble in the southern waters and it just about always fell to Australia to have to pay for the rescue, so maybe the adventurers should have to pay for emergency services.

I actually think that could be a reasonable thing in certain circumstances. I don't get free ambulance services. Maybe it should be made clear to those who climb mountains, sail the seas solo and so on that they are free to do so, but should insure themselves as emergency services will charge at least part fee if they have to step in.

As for the rowing machine, maybe the man should be given a deadline for removal, after which he will be charged.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

just look at the mess they have made of mount everest, turned it into a rubbish dump

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply