killers of Bali policeman sentenced

Interesting,the 2 people who bashed that poor policeman to death on Kuta Beach have been sentenced to 6 years for the British guy and Australian Sara Conor has been given 4 years .

From what iv heard of the case they were incredibly lucky they were not found guilty of murder ,it was a nasty one.

I cannot find  much sympathy for the Australian ,she claims she had nothing to do with the attack but I heard on the news tonight she did admit she went and burnt her very  blood stained clothes to hide what had happened.

I do hope we do not get a running commentary of her hard situation and she becomes some victimized hero over the next few years

.I notice tonight the reporter was banging on about how sad it was for her and how she is missing her kids. ... I suspect the family of the policeman are missing him as well ....

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

another great advertisement for holidaying in australia.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It seems strange to me with it being a Muslim  country  and the issue's  Australians can get into over there that people still go  and behave very badly by getting drunk and drugged  up and insulting the locals  beliefs .It seems to be the worst place to misbehave although the penalties seem inconsistent in some ways.

Mind you UAE seems worse considering its a major stop for Qantas  flights  now.I was reading the other day a South African man and his French girlfriend have been jailed for months after seeking medical help when she became ill on a holiday, the doctor found she was pregnant and now they are both charged with pre marital s..., no clue when they will get out or even a trial. 

I knew it was illegal to carry on over there but was shocked two tourests can be jailed  for so long when it did not happen there .Just shows how carefull you need to be in some Countries. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Bali is a bit different but your points are well made.  The two killers would be mad to appeal and should just count their blessings.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply