menu-gate' hasn't saved Gillard's sexism speech from bombing on TWITTER

nero_bolt
Community Member

Even 'menu-gate' hasn't saved Julia Gillard's sexism speech from bombing on Twitter -

Julia Gillard was hoping the 'menu-gate' scandal might win her back some support after her 'men in blue ties' attack on the Coalition she'll be sorely disappointed in the reaction on social media.

The Prime Minister's sentiment rating on Twitter plummeted after her speech on Tuesday at the launch of Women for Gillard, where she claimed a return to a Coalition Government would banish female voices from political debate and make abortion "a political plaything' of men.

Analysis of sentiment by social media monitoring service Topsy  shows that at lunch time on Tuesday Ms Gillard's rating was generally positive, as she fought off the latest round of leadership speculation, but quickly dropped into negative territory once her speech, which had been closed to the media, was reported. 

Her rating has stayed well in negative territory since, even after the publication yesterday of a highly-offensive menu from a fundraiser for Coalition candidate Mal Brough held in March. 

The owner of the restaurant where the event was held has claimed responsibility for the menu, saying it was an in joke that was not distributed and not meant for publication.

The volume of discussion on 'menu-gate' spiked at about 8pm last night when the owner, Joe Richards, made the claim no politicians were in involved.

Mr Brough's sentiment rating went up sharply at around 10pm when influential News Ltd columnist Miranda Divine Tweeted: "Apologies Mal Brough. Menugate a stitch-up."

- See more at: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/even-8216menugate8217-hasn8217t-saved-julia-gillard8217s-sexism-speech-from-bombing-on-twitter/story-fni0xqrb-1226663102900#sthash.OxQpaYH2.dpuf

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

no luvies replies?   I wonder why

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi Gil how are you?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Hi Gill 🙂

(non-luvie here) 😉

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply