not all police are bad

Off-duty police officer punched and kicked in 'deeply shocking' attack caught on CCTV

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-04/cctv-shows-police-officer-being-attacked/11175954

18 months? our criminal court system has become so lienient its a joke.

i'm not saying it should make a difference if its a cop getting attacked or a member of the public.

jail time should be the same, just a lot longer.

18 months! try 18 years!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

not all police are bad

Two things stood out to me when reading this report. The police officer took a big risk and underestimated the danger posed by these hoons. Also, it states, "The court was told that Door was born in Sudan and witnessed "many atrocities" as a child". As far as I'm concerned this suggests he is damaged and dangerous. The public needs to be protected from him.

I agree the penalty should be harsher when a police officer is harmed. They risk their safety and lives to protect us. Criminals who attack them should be shown no mercy.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

not all police are bad

I found that news report annoying in the extreme.

One of the men involved there is almost being excused because we are told the poor thing had post traumatic stress disorder and saw terrible things as a child and it was a tragedy that he was now in this position, facing prison etc

No, it is not a tragedy. The tragedy is for the victim of the abuse. These thugs were spoken to by the off duty officer for a reason. They were vandalising things then they escalated to the next level and were very vicious.

I am sick of excuses being made for criminals. If psychologists think prior experiences are to blame for bad behaviour later, then maybe we need to stop importing people with all these bad experiences. We don't need all this violence in the community and after this man serves his sentence, he should be deported, if possible.

I think a few more mandatory deportations for very extreme and serious behaviours might see some criminals pausing when they know the consequences.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply