penalties for fake qualifications

I have some doubts  about this...

in NSW we have the case of a guy who has been employed in various hospitals for 11 years as a doctor,and now its been found he actually stole the identity  of a real doctor in  his home  country of India ..he was never a qualified  doctor.

God knows how he got away with it or what he is actually trained to do for work but he successfully  worked  in these hospitals with no complaints till 6 weeks ago .He had a wife and 5 year old daughter who he has apparently abandoned and fled overseas to avoid a $30,000 fine for such shenanigans. 

The other thing he has left is a house worth 1.25 mil. The health  minister has anounced he will try and have the house siezed to recover "11 years of wages this fellow stole off taxpayers  of NSW"...

I know what he did was bad and probably dangerous but I kind of feel he did work, hard too by accounts, so it seems a bit unfair to claim all his assets and call him a thief .

I can understand jailing him for fraud but after 11 years hard work it really seems tough to take his home.

the whole thing is kind of funny really ,a dredfull reflection on our immigration checks but kind of funny in a macabre way

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

He stole another dr's id, that makes him a thief and a liar, the $$ he earned were earned under false pretences, imo he deserves everything the law throws at him inc losing his house

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Also he may have given incorrect treatment which may result in millions in damages.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Exactly  ...... 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

So they seize his assets....what happens to his wife and child that he has apparenty abandoned?

The Social Security system will have to pay out for them too.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

So they seize his assets....what happens to his wife and child that he has apparenty abandoned?

The Social Security system will have to pay out for them too.

i thought the same thing, havent heard much about them. is his wife indian? if so id expect them to get sent back after numerous court cases paid for by us.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Apparently, there as only 1 issue with a patient regarding a broken arm.

He must have been doing something right if that was the only problem.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe some of the ex patients are no longer alive to tell the story. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply