I have just purchased a Nozatec 7:inch GPS with 8GB built in.

Hi With the novetec GPS can anyone tell me if the Maps on the GPS will only work when in the actual country? At the momment working good in Perth WA. If I go to UK in Aug 2016 will it just work of the UK maps in the GPS/

Thanks for any help Dave

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

A GPS works by intercepting signals from visible satellites and calculates your position from them.

It cannot work for any other country if you aren't actually there and also have the local maps installed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi thanks for the reply. I have UK maps files along side the Australian map files, so I will hope that when I get to the UK the gps will work.

Dave

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A GPS works by intercepting signals from visible satellites and calculates your position from them.

It cannot work for any other country if you aren't actually there and also have the local maps installed.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi thanks for the reply. I have UK maps files along side the Australian map files, so I will hope that when I get to the UK the gps will work.

Dave

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If the GPS UK maps are pre-installed, when you switch the GPS on in the UK it should automatically pick them up - it may take a few minutes to reconfigure. For the initial set up try to be an area as clear as possible, it'll speed things up.

Have a great holiday.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply