Mozilla FireFox Slow to Load websites (if at all) !

Hello,

I have explorer to browse the net but I have recently installed firefox but when you type in website addresses it takes forever to actually load the pages if at all! Does anyone know why this would be at all? I have put this on my computer so I can edit my facebook photo albums as it is meant to work better when you have numerous photo's that you wish to re-arrange. Explorer won't quickly allow you to shuffle your images into the order that you want once you have a few hundred contained in an album.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Believe me, I do realise that and I'm rather embarrassed that aussie-bazaar took it upon himself to post what he did and I apologise unreservedly on his behalf. Your thanks are appreciated but unnecessary and I was more than happy that you saw fit to respond to my reply with a kudo, particularly as my reply provided no real solution to your issue.

By the same token, I can't be angry with aussie-bazaar because in light of some recent occurrences in the forums of late, I understand where he was coming from, despite the fact that on this occasion his post was sadly misguided.

I'm glad that your problem has abated somewhat, and the fact that it has could be an indication that it was caused by nothing more than a slow connection to your service provider due to overloaded infrastructure. It's a well-known fact that the internet is carrying far more data than was ever intended and there are occasions where it simply can't cope. Unfortunately, it will become a lot worse before it improves as systems world-wide are slowly upgraded and/or duplicated (eBay is a perfect example of overloaded infrastructure which urgently needs replacing).

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I have firefox and never have issues with slowness but do with IE

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I installed it a few years ago & it was good but then this problem started so I un-installed it for a number of months & only just re-installed it again last week & the problem still happens.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Firefox can be a little memory-hungry and if you're running AVG anti-virus, the 2 programs don't interact very well at all. Apparently AVG prevents Firefox from releasing unused memory. I tolerate it here, but when it starts annoying me too much I'll change to a different anti-virus app. It also doesn't help if you have too many tabs open simultaneously in Firefox, and if it starts running a bit slowly, shut down Firefox and restart it and it should then be OK.
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I don't use AVG only trend micro.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

rosemontcollectables, 

c_q   has gone to a lot of effort to help and assist you.  The very least that you could do is "Thank" him for his efforts.

It is totally irrelevant which anti-virus YOU use, c_q was providing you good sound advise.  He knows what he is talking about. People come here to help & assist others, like yourself.  A well deserved "Thank You", is in order, l believe.

Thank you.

-

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Aussie-bazaar, I appreciate where you're coming from but I'd be grateful if you didn't argue or criticise others on my account. If somebody insults or otherwise offends me, I'm quite capable of giving as good as I get, believe me. 🙂

Having said that, to be perfectly fair to the OP, I don't offer advice or help in the expectation of receiving thanks, although the OP was gracious enough to leave me a kudo which I consider more than thanks enough.

Now I expect you two to kiss and make up and be nice to each other, OK? Smiley LOL
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I did click "like" to cq_tech's feedback given to me & I responded with my answer that I don't use AVG as he suggested that may be the cause of my issues. The problem has gotten better over the past couple of days so that is why I have not posted back on this thread.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for your assistance I did not intend to come across as rude to anybody on here Woman Embarassed

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Believe me, I do realise that and I'm rather embarrassed that aussie-bazaar took it upon himself to post what he did and I apologise unreservedly on his behalf. Your thanks are appreciated but unnecessary and I was more than happy that you saw fit to respond to my reply with a kudo, particularly as my reply provided no real solution to your issue.

By the same token, I can't be angry with aussie-bazaar because in light of some recent occurrences in the forums of late, I understand where he was coming from, despite the fact that on this occasion his post was sadly misguided.

I'm glad that your problem has abated somewhat, and the fact that it has could be an indication that it was caused by nothing more than a slow connection to your service provider due to overloaded infrastructure. It's a well-known fact that the internet is carrying far more data than was ever intended and there are occasions where it simply can't cope. Unfortunately, it will become a lot worse before it improves as systems world-wide are slowly upgraded and/or duplicated (eBay is a perfect example of overloaded infrastructure which urgently needs replacing).
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply