Seller cancelled my bid for asking for actual pictures of damaged item. No questions visible on list

Seller cancelled my bid after asking a second question about damage to his laptop. Pictures listed were HP website pictures of new item. Seller did not respond to second question, just cancelled bid saying 'do not feel comfortable selling to this buyer'. NO QUESTIONS ever appeared on listing as being asked and/or answered. Is it not fair to ask for actual pictures and state that "ebay is based on and only works honestly be transperancy? Part of their terms state "If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to send us an eBay message".......So ask to many questions, don't show questions asked by buyers and just get cancelled?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller cancelled my bid for asking for actual pictures of damaged item. No questions visible on list

Sounds like a seller to stay clear of.

If I sense something is not right, I simply move on to another seller. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes you're right kopenhagen, posted here as there is no way to tell ebay or any other place to report 'funny' sellers whom don't respect ebay as a 'trust me, trust you' site where we can buy and sell. Very sad.

Sader and more curious.....AND MORE unfair, is that on the listing, still this morning as it still is running, NO QUESTIONS is the status on the listing as being asked ? Very SAD.

If my 2 questions are not visible, I imagine he/she has had many other questions that he/she hides. Someone should ban or do something to sellers like this, to save ebay's integrity....So so SAD.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271583677172&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hey, you should be happy they cancelled your order! I won a auction then Paypal refused to pay them. Paypal said this company was of a high risk... Do not buy from them. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I'd have reported the seller to eBay as policy states that he's not allowed to use stock images for anything other than brand new items. If it is used, as this one is, the seller must show images of the actual item for sale.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply