Warning on fraudulent Fitbit Scales

There is a scam going around on eBay where people's accounts are being hacked and the hacker is listing 'Fitbit Scales' for $99 or $100 AUD + free postage. The image they keep using is taken from "Comp Computers" who no longer sell on eBay. This image is watermarked and easy to spot. I got scammed buy buying the item but it never exists nor does the account owner know anything about it because they hack accounts with little activity. 10 scales on offer at a time or normally sold each day under different accounts.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

go-tazz
Community Member

Reported,good.gif

To report fraudulent listings you can use the report link,(Report item) on the item page,(above the item number).

Then use the drop down boxes: Listing practices > Fraudulent listing practices > You suspect that a listing is

fraudulent, >Continue > Send report.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Yes, I know about this feature and have reported about 3 cases so far. They come and go every couple of days. People are still getting stung before eBay takes it down though
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@moomoopigpig wrote:
Yes, I know about this feature and have reported about 3 cases so far. They come and go every couple of days. People are still getting stung before eBay takes it down though

If they've paid via PP they are refunded,(they can do a chargeback if they've used a credit card),good.gif

All the ones using the CoreComputers logo have been removed.

I check for and report scam listings in the Go Karts and Pocket bike categories on a regular basis,(that's the

best way to stop the scammers).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply