Choose and Change (New Game)

Let's try this new game... 🙂

You have a word and have to write a sentence with an antonym of this word (it must not be a perfect antonym/opposite). The sentence must contain at least three other words (not including articles, pronouns etc.)

The next poster then chooses a word from the sentence of the previous poster (not the antonym, any other word) and builds a new sentence with the antonym of the word he or she has chosen.

For example:

START - She finished her delicious meal in no time.

The antonym of "start" is "finish/finished", so the next poster has to choose between "delicious", "meal" and "time" (the antonym can't be used) and has to write a sentence with the antonym of the chosen word and with at least three other nouns.

Let's get started... 🙂

Message 1 of 214
Latest reply
213 REPLIES 213

TIME - I have always felt a deep fascination for the concept of eternity.

Message 2 of 214
Latest reply

FASCINATION - I decided when I was eight years old that boredom could be eliminated by having the right attitude.

(So… boredom is the antonym to fascination…)

Message 3 of 214
Latest reply

RIGHT - There are people who never admit that they are wrong, even if all the evidence is against their arrogance.

Message 4 of 214
Latest reply

THEIR - My next-door neighbours are in lock down with Covid

Message 5 of 214
Latest reply

DOOR - I always keep the window closed when neighbours have a party or listen to rap music.

Message 6 of 214
Latest reply

NEIGHBOURS - I once got my car stuck on a narrow pedestrian bridge, out in the wild wet muddy night in a strange remote area where I mistook a path for a road, and kindly strangers helped to manoeuvre the car off the mud-deep bridge and safely onto grass.

Message 7 of 214
Latest reply

REMOTE--The store detective was keeping a close eye on a suspected shoplifter.

Message 8 of 214
Latest reply

SUSPECTED - It was soon confirmed that he had gone away and changed his name to start a completely new life in a new country.

Message 9 of 214
Latest reply

CHANGED--When Jim heard the fire alarm he kept his head and looked for the nearest exit.

Message 10 of 214
Latest reply