Is selling with ebay plus worth it?

I'm not convinced.

I sell womens clothing and a few months ago I started making my listings fit the ebay plus rules. It seemed like a good idea to sell with included postage and ebay plus gives free returns which in theory could increase sales as buyers have more confidence that they can return an item that doesn't fit.

However it seems to me that if a listing says Free Postage, that buyers think it's free for the seller too... I've had plenty of low offers that are even less than the postage cost (I now set an offer minimum) and on a few listings where this has happened I've edited the listing a few days later to match the low offer and put the postage charge back and the same buyer has bought the item! So now I only offer free postage on higher value items.

I've decided that it's more profitable to sell with the additonal postage charge and cover the cost of free returns myself.

Has anyone else found this? or am I missing some other ebay plus benefit?

View Entire Topic

Personally I think that ebay Plus is a dud that is good for ebay, not so much for the seller. I have not seen anything in the alleged seller benefits that makes me think I should participate. Ebay are not going to admit its a dud and I have been expecting that they will make in mandatory for all sellers-hasn't happened yet and I hope I am wrong. While I have a choice I won't be taking it up. 

Like most of ebay's enhancements, a you beaut feature dreamed up in a round table brain storming session bu juveniles who have never sold anything on ebay and have little regard for sellers. In my opinion, ebay is all about the buying experience, stuff the sellers.

wothtthatone8

@dresstopia wrote:

I'm not convinced.

I sell womens clothing and a few months ago I started making my listings fit the ebay plus rules. It seemed like a good idea to sell with included postage and ebay plus gives free returns which in theory could increase sales as buyers have more confidence that they can return an item that doesn't fit.

However it seems to me that if a listing says Free Postage, that buyers think it's free for the seller too... I've had plenty of low offers that are even less than the postage cost (I now set an offer minimum) and on a few listings where this has happened I've edited the listing a few days later to match the low offer and put the postage charge back and the same buyer has bought the item! So now I only offer free postage on higher value items.

I've decided that it's more profitable to sell with the additonal postage charge and cover the cost of free returns myself.

Has anyone else found this? or am I missing some other ebay plus benefit?