Search Results only letting me see Page 1 of results when logged into my account via any browser on

sna-4293
Community Member

Hello all.

I have had a real strange issue using eBay search tool. Since 9 November, eBay Search page would let me access every page of results except page number 2. As of last week however, whenever I form a search on eBay when signed into my account regardless of the browser being used on my Windows 10 machine, page 2 onwards displays 0 search results. I performed a 5000 item search on my eBay account today when my IT guru were here this afternoon. We clicked on an item from a seller, went to the seller's store, opened up the page with all their items for sale, then after scrolling through page one of results, we went onto page two and it says "showing 0 results of 5000 results". Page 3 had the same. So, we logged onto my eBay account using my mate's Windows 11 laptop, using MS Edge, and on pages two onwards, all the results are displayed normaly. However on my divice with Win 7, we logged on using Firefox. Then we clicked the seller's items for sale, scrolled through page one, clicked the arrow for page two and were greeted with the "showing 0- 5000 of 5000 results". Next we cleared all my cookies on all my browsers. We uninstalled/ redownloaded MS Edge. We deleted all browsing data from Windows 10. Then we logged back into my eBay account, performed the same 5000 search results, and page two only gives me 0 results showing of 5000. So we then logged out of my eBay account and onto my mate's account and done the same search and got the same issues on page two only. Note: on every search with multiple pages, page two onwards, and only on my divice shows 0 results and tells me the number of results my search returned. Now is eBay tracking my divice or something. I have multiple policy violations, and I was wondering if this contributed to my divice being restricted from page two of search results on every eBay search. However when I'm not logged into any account using my Windows 10 machine using Edge or any other browser, page number 2 onwards works correctly, but as soon as I log into any account on my divice and use any browser of my choice, eBay's tracking comes in with my restriction and prihibets me from seeing any of the results on page 2 onwards. What do I do next if I'm able to view eBay search in it's entirity on every other divice but mine. Has my divice been blacklisted and has it got some sort of cooky on it that eBay will detect and make the restriction come into efect when it comes to page 2 onwards of results or listings in a seller's store. I done heaps of different multi page searches and all have page 2 with 0 results only on my divice and on every browser on it. I even unlinked Microsoft Edge from my Microsoft account and still the MAC address on my divice is read by eBay once I've signed in and restricts me from seeing items on page two onwards of results and items. Should I get another divice, delete my eBay account, recreate it as a way to avoyd detection and see if page two onwards displays correctly? I'm worried once I reinstall windows or get another divice that eBay will aventually link the two divices together and restrict me from seeing the results on page two onwards of a searc.

View Entire Topic

I clicked onto the thread to see what the question might be. I thought to myself, I thought, Perhaps I can be of help. It is pleasing to be able to help others. This is not a thought that is unique to me; it has been mentioned in various forms and with various degrees of sophistication by many philosophers and religious writers throughout the centuries. Some of the writings were made upon papyrus. Some were pressed into clay. Some were inscribed upon vellum. Some were spoken and passed along within oral traditions until at some point they were lost, or perhaps written down. Some songwriters have used this very theme as the basis for their lyrics, and some have written letters of encouragement to others with the sentiment of helpfulness and the pleasure it may give the donor. Not to be too discommoded by this aspect of what may be regarded as a selfless quality, in that it pleases the one to perform it, does not render the beneficial aspect, forsooth. If it be in any measure a thing of giving, the recipricocity of certain elements of it ought not to impede the extension of such actions and sayings, since the glow of satisfaction in no wise transmutes giving into destruction - unless the giving be that of something which is the German "Gift", namely poison: a most witty linguistic self-contradiction, is it not? Hence one may proceed with the desire to help, sans the bitter gall of Socrates' death or the ring of a Medici, but thereby may we stumble upon a veritable pile of rubble. Nay, it is so great a pile that it forms more formidable a barrier than a great wall, and hence is one impeded from going forward, for who can unriddle that which is all of a muddle? Think not that your dilemma is too great or too parlous, that it is a kittle of the unkettled steam rising into heaven's mouth. No! For we would help an we could, insofar as the blocks may be cut, trimmed, made separate, filleted, repositioned, set in their place, and thus in their proper orbit may parade around the light of their centre. Have you not the access and passage to what may be read? Know you how you may paraph your sentences? So may they be carried out and responded to in like fashion, illuminating the darkness of your unknowing in this method and manner. Unravel your phrases, set out the words in kindness, and you will have punctuated your meaning so that we may assist.

In other words, please use paragraphs, repost the resulting post, and perhaps we can help.