So what exactly triggers ebay to ban a seller / buyer account?

Last month I paid for some tool from overseas, received a piece of sticker in mail, with tracking #.

From this seller's feedback history, it's obvious that I was not the only victim, recently there had been multiple scam attempts using the same method.

Long story short, I opened a return request and also reported him to ebay, got my full refund eventually.

You'd thought such member would be banned from ebay for sure, but no, it's been weeks now, nothing happened, he is still trading / scamming.

Ironically, this morning my roommate told me his newly opened and the ONLY ebay account was suspended permanently, all he did was asking ebay rep to process an overdue refund from a return request, then a week later ban!

I told my roommate to chat with ebay rep, he didn't seem to be interested.

Is ebay's "suspension" process purely automatic or with human intervene?

Some say it depends on the rep you chat with, so what a rep can do whatever he/she likes to your account?

Either way, why would they allow a scammer to keep operating and kick a normal buyer away? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I am surprised people would want to choose keep buying off such a seller, hence keep them in business

Their feedback is horrid, to put it mildly 

eBay won't touch sellers in China 

I am also surprised the neg is even still there, since it mentions getting eBay to step in

Or that since your room mate has been suspended permanently that your account still exists

It used to be if one person in the household got banned, everyone else in the household also did