Buyer being forced to pay immediately on purchase even though I do NOT have this on my listings

Hi all!  I'm a noob seller and this one has really stumped me!  

Against each listing I have ensured that I have NOT checked the box "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now".

And yet my sellers are forced to pay at checkout.    Does anyone have any idea why this is not working?

I'm trying to wrap my head around combined postage, which works fine on the desktop version but not the app.  Im hoping customers can buy multiple products without paying at the time, so I can then send an invoice with their combined orders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am losing my mind over this!!!!

Thanking all so much in advance for any tips!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer being forced to pay immediately on purchase even though I do NOT have this on my listings

SOLUTION

I spoke to eBay support on the phone for one hour and the following is what they said, word for word:

• Against the listing there is a checkbox for "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now"
  • This does not apply to customers when they click  "Buy It Now"
  • This only applies when the customer makes an offer and commits to buy.  Once their offer is accepted, they are then required to pay immediately.  
  • So, the more accurate text would be "Require immediate payment when buyer makes an offer and is accepted"

They admitted that the original text was misleading and difficult to understand and have promised to escalate my feedback that the wording is very confusing for sellers.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Any reason why you didn't read the solutions/reasons posted on the FIVE year old thread you bumped?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I did read all the threads and there were no solutions provided that worked.  

Fortunately, an extremely kind community member responded to my question.  As I am new to selling, it's really wonderful to know there are some lovely supportive people out there.   

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

SOLUTION

I spoke to eBay support on the phone for one hour and the following is what they said, word for word:

• Against the listing there is a checkbox for "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now"
  • This only applies when the customer makes an offer and commits to buy.  Once their offer is accepted, they are then required to pay immediately.  
  • So, the more accurate text would be "Require immediate payment when buyer makes an offer and is accepted"

They admitted that the original text was misleading and difficult to understand and have promised to escalate my feedback that the wording is very confusing for sellers.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You might like to listen to those with experience, rather than those reading from a script.

If you have checked "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now", which part of buy it now do you think doesn't apply.

Uncheck 'require immediate payment' and stop marking erroneous information as a solution.

Or keep going in your fantasy and see if anything changes.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

As said, but just to say it again

eBay CS type from pre-written scripts

Very few have actual experience using eBay as a seller

Their level of training is unlikely to be anything but poor-average

They are not going to escalate anything

They say that last bit to any buyer or seller to get rid of them as fast as possible

By all means do as you please

But marking your own post as a solution is not going to help anyone else having the same issue because it is totally incorrect 'information'

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@desktopshop_aus wrote:

SOLUTION

That is complete twaddle. I do not have immediate payment required ticked. I sure as heck don't have make an offer ticked, yet my buyers are forced into immediate payment. It has been that way for years, and there is no changing it. Others have said it's the same for them. I suspect you are another that ebay has inflicted it upon. Nothing you can do about it.

And no, nothing will be escalated, so don't go getting your hopes up about any changes because of your issue. Check back in 12 months, it will still say the same thing it has said since that option was put in the listing template.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply