Ebay Offers

Hello, I am a new seller to ebay and have been receiving "offers" for my listed items at full asking price.  Two i received were from the US and one from a remote location in WA (australia).  My listings state that i only post within Australia. My question is are these just scams, as they are not asking for anything in the offers?  My assumption is if they were legit buyers and  wanted to purchase at full asking price, then why not just  "buy now" and then make payment? Is there a way to block these offers, it can be very deflating or does it just come with the territory?

Would love to hear any thoughts and or advice from more experienced sellers.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay Offers

You can't block unsolicited offers directly. You can set auto-accept or decline if you accept offers.

As you said, if they are prepared to pay full price, they would buy at BIN. They are almost certainly scammers.

Scammers often target new sellers with relatively high priced items, as the assumption is those sellers are less likely to know the many pitfalls of selling online.

As far as the US offerers goes, there are 2 areas to address. As well as not posting internationally I am set up to exclude all regions except Australia. Might be overkill, but I don't get OS buyers.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Ebay Offers

Thanks for the info.

I might add the extra regions as exclusion too.

It's such a disappointing waste of peoples times having to deal with these scammers.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply