When did Ebay get so **bleep**?

harmur5131
Community Member

Don't think I've used eBay since before the 40 year old Virgin came out and can't believe how **bleep** it is.

Uploaded my first product today and sold it a couple of hours later. Awesome, except it is impossible to see what product you actually sold on the site (genuinely 100% impossible).

Like it just says I sold one item, shows the balance (which I can't access for more than 2 weeks) but there's no page to click on to see what the item actually is.

I'm sure you don't believe me because this is such a stupid design but, as someone who is for from tech illiterate, I have clicked on every possible page in my eBay (where Google says you can see what you sold) and there is 0 pages telling you what item you sold, lol. 0.

I can't imagine having an actual store with multiple products and just having to guess which one you sold cause, for no reason at all, it's impossible to see what the item is on the site you sold it on. Wtaf? 

So, not only do I have to wait 2 weeks after the customer receives the item to get paid, I have to spend 12 hours waiting at home for eBay's delivery people to come pick up the order (need their label). Why even limit it to a 12 hr windows? Just make it a week cause both are so inefficient as to be useless.

Truly an awful site and I'm 99.9% certain I'm just going to sell the product elsewhere but, even with the delay, will still end up getting paid sooner than I would here, lol.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

A blank profile page with no sold items?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

tick the SOLD box on the left hand side

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

You have already sold it, so you can't 'sell it elsewhere' (unless you cancel the sale and explain to the buyer you don't want to sell to them)

No idea why you can't see what you sold (when there was only one thing you listed) when the completed listings are public display

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_ssn=harmur5131&LH_Complete=1

Not sure why yo only have a 2 week wait for funds when every other 'new' seller have to wait 30 days 

Assuming you signed up to Managed Payments and were verified before you listed

You ticked you had 'read and understood' when you listed the pen

Since you yourself admit how long it has been since you used eBay, it is up to you to know how things work

Not sure what 'eBay delivery people' you are talking about, sorry 

And no, I don't work for eBay

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

No filter to click on. Using mobile site.

The ONLY way I can actually see what the product is is by going the email telling me it sold and clicking the link.

Literally not a single other option to get to such info. Honestly, probably the stupidest designed system I have ever experienced. 

It doesn't even affect my sale really, since I know what it is, but is just so painfully stupid that it has really coloured my view of this site.

It's like they spent 15+ years going backwards.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Obviously an issue on your end if that is what you see

If you sign out and look, what does it show?

You sold a vintage parker green ballpoint pen for $200 with $5 postage today

If you are using the 'mobile' site, that would explain it since the mobile site is garbage 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

<span;>You have already sold it, so you can't 'sell it elsewhere' (unless you cancel the sale and explain to the buyer you don't want to sell to them)

Lol. Or what? I won't be able to use thole dumbest site I've ever encountered?

<span;>> Not sure why yo only have a 2 week wait for funds when every other 'new' seller have to wait 30 days 

Dk, it says I can access funds on the 18th.

<span;>Assuming you signed up to Managed Payments and were verified before you listed

No. I sold it first, then put in my bank details.

<span;>You <span;>ticked you had 'read and understood' when you listed the pen

Lol.

<span;>Since you yourself admit how <span;>long<span;> it has been since you used eBay, it is up to you to know how things work

Site SHOULD work though, not be impossible to see pertinent info for no reason.

<span;>Not sure what 'eBay delivery people' you are talking about, sorry 

Cant print a label so went with the supplied label option, which expects me to stay home on a weekday for 12 hours...

<span;>And no, I don't work for eBay

Idk if anyone does based on my one day of use.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@harmur5131 wrote:

I have to spend 12 hours waiting at home for eBay's delivery people to come pick up the order (need their label).

No you don't, it states in the listing that you intend to use Australia Post for the delivery of the pen.

Go to the Post office and send it off......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Many hundreds of thousand people use it quite satisfactorily every day. 

I have my doubts you will be missed.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply