new computer and new user name

jobur-2818
Community Member

Ive been with ebay for over 20 years I was using windows XP but it stopped so I got a windows 10 now ebay has changed my user name and the 1000 deals @100% has gone now I have 0 deals 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

arctoph_49
Community Member

I just wanted to suggest what sandypebbles suggested. Just sign in with your original username and password.

Windows 10 is not the latest OP either. Did you buy a secondhand computer? Maybe they didn't format the HD and there are still cookies on it with the old username?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe, you could have hit the nail on the head there

I did'nt have time to look earlier, but the account the OP is posting with was opened in June 2022, so not even a new account

OP did you list that car that you have for sale on the account you are posting with?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you sign in using a social media account rather than with username/email address and password?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

New operating system is irrelevant. If you sign in with the previous login and password you will have access to your previous account.

eBay didn't change your user name, you did.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Even if you did believe eBay could open a new account for you (they can't and didn't)

Sign in to your own account with the original username and password you gave yourself

Directly, not via one of the social media options 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I just wanted to suggest what sandypebbles suggested. Just sign in with your original username and password.

Windows 10 is not the latest OP either. Did you buy a secondhand computer? Maybe they didn't format the HD and there are still cookies on it with the old username?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe, you could have hit the nail on the head there

I did'nt have time to look earlier, but the account the OP is posting with was opened in June 2022, so not even a new account

OP did you list that car that you have for sale on the account you are posting with?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

At the bottom of the ad it mentions about Ebay changing the user name, so I suspect it was theirs.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply