Can a seller ask you to change feedback so he can refund you for a defective non working product.

Is this right. if so then why have feedback. if the unhappy customers are forced to put false feedback on a seller for a refund, otherwise lose the money. This cant be right this last seller has even said he would tell me what to write. then when i told him I won't do that he then stated "mail it back to me and I'll refund it when I get it". sounds like he is simply going to deny receiving the item back and not refund me and then sell the defective item to some other poor sucker. This can't be right. come on buyers stand up for yourself. if we don't put honest feedback in. then everyone will be getting robbed. in nearly 15 years I have only had two issues. one I didn't notice until it was too late (my own stupid forgetfull fault) and this seller trying to coerce me into lying on feedback for a full refund. how many of his feedbacks are true and how many are forced for a refund....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

No you don't. as you were answered in your other post

You are not forced to leave false feedback (or any feedback)

If you have been a member for 15years, you ought to know the buying basics

YOU have all the power and all the tools

No issues if you use the tools you are given  and report the seller for feedback extortion

Nothing in your post is correct at all

You open and follow through with an item not as described dispute, the seller does not get a say

The seller wants a faulty item back, they pay postage 

And don't buy from sellers in China with poor feedback in the first place

If you’re still within the timeframe for opening a return/refund request under eBay’s MBG, do so immediately. If the seller doesn’t accept the return and full refund request and provide you - in the dispute - with a return label, perhaps reply something along the lines of “You’ve not provided me with a return postage label. I’m still waiting”… wait until the option to ask eBay to step in appears (3-4 days), and let eBay sort it out. It should be in your favour, done and dusted. eBay will provide your refund and deal with the seller (including charging the seller for the refund).

All of this is laid out in the eBay help page on the MBG.

Ask a Question