Do I need to transfer money into my Paypal account?

I purchased an item on Sunday and thought everything was OK until I received an email from Paypal saying the transaction had been declined by my bank.

I logged into Paypal because I thought the email must have been a hoax but iI was in the red.

In the email it was stated that Paypal would resubmit the payment to my bank within 5 days which is fine but on my Paypal account it states that should I use a debit or credit card for my next purchase the $18.00 would be added to that transaction.

Because I was confused about what was going to happen I decided to phone Paypal and was told I need to transfer the $18.00 from my bank account to my Paypal account.

In all the confusion I re-purchased the item thinking that it would not be paid for but Paypal have told me they honoured the payment however as I used my debit card to make the re-purchase I thought the $18.00 would be added to that transaction as that is what is stated when I log into Paypal.

I am thinking of doing nothing for a few days just to see what happens (and try to cancel the second purchase) because I can't get a clear answer and am stuck with the 3 options. 

Has anyone been overdrawn on their Paypal account, if so how was it sorted?

Did you deposit funds, did Paypal resubmith the payment to your bank, did Paypal add the amount owing to your next debit/credit card payment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question