Buyer wants my personal info to pay via PayPal, says PayPal via eBay not recognising me

Hi, 

I have a buyer who has said they've been having problems paying via PayPal and have been in contact with them to sort it. Being Christmas/holidays I was happy to wait a bit longer.

They came back to me and said everything is fine with their PayPal and can they have my surname and email address to pay through PayPal. I'm not comfortable giving that info out and I've never needed that information before to pay for an eBay  item I've paid for by PayPal.

I responded saying I wasn't comfortable giving that information and that I'll only accept payment inside eBay. 

They've come back and said they've recently paid for other items through PayPal on eBay without issues and suggest the problem is with me. 

My question: is PayPal not be accepting payment via eBay for my item even a thing?

Or does this sound suspect?

Cheers,

David

View Entire Topic

It is difficult to know with absolute certainty whether the buyer is a scammer or not (someone else just posted they suddenly have problems paying with PayPal), but you can't wait forever, so just give the buyer a kind, but firm final message specifying you accept other payment methods too and if they still have problems, you will have to cancel and relist. Be kind, but firm, and don't forget that after 30 days you cannot cancel any more, so don't miss the deadline.

Personally, I never had problems paying with PayPal. If there was a problem, it literally lasted a couple of minutes.

Ask a Question