Refund Request

7hil
Community Member

After posting an item which in total cost $4.50, I refunded $1.50 as the postage was chaeper than I thought.

Now the buyer wants a refund as the item hasn't arrived (although she's only given it 3 days). When I go to process the refund it only gives me the option of refunding the full $4.50 and doesnt take into account the $1.50 I've already given her. Any solutions?

View Entire Topic

Best way is going to the original payment in PayPal, and selecting "Issue A Refund", then entering the actual amount you wish to refund. So, enter $3.00, and include a link to the earlier refund of $1.50:

2016-09-27 10_56_55-Issue refund - PayPal.jpg

I have to do this quite a bit; I have buyers who purchase multiple items, and don't wait for the postage-combined invoice before paying, so get hit with far more than they should.

And to echo lyndal, unless it's being sent Express Post, 3 days is really nowhere near enough time to begin panicking about delivery and hit the "OMG!!! **bleep**???" button - I usually allow a full week before querying the whereabouts. 

Perhaps politely point out eBay's "Estimated delivery" date range to the buyer...

Ask a Question