Revoked bid.

chrifain-0
Community Member

I bid on an item and was soon the underbidder. At this time I proceeded to not be interested any further and my plans changed regarding this. In the late hours of the auction I received a message to my computer saying the other bid had been retracted (302131338507) and I was now the high bidder. Unfortunately I was not home and did not get a chace to read this or revoke my bid, I may have even been asleep due to time differences. So, as far as I am concerned I do not want this item and I can not understand how it is permissible to revoke a bid once placed. Please cancel my bid as the seller has opened a case for an unpaid item.

Rgds,

Chris.

View Entire Topic

Perfectly permissable to retract a bid if you've entered the wrong price. NOT permissable if you've just changed your mind:

Bid Retraction.jpg
Most bidders just lie and say that they entered the wrong amount. You can tell they're lying, because they don't immediately re-bid with the the "correct" amount...

Had that done to me a few times, and I've immediately blocked the "buyer" in question.

Golden rule - once you've bid, that's it. Don't bid unless you fully intend to buy.

Ask a Question