The Buyer reneged on the sale of my coffee table. How do I get my fee back that has been charged by

Buyer renegged on the purchase.  How do I get my fee back that wwas charged for an item that actually did not sell?

I would also like to leave feedback on this sellers account as he took over a week to advise me even though I sent emails requesting payment.

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did the buyer turn up to inspect the table or did he just ignore you?

If he ignored you I would suggest opening an Unpaid Item dispute to get your fees refunded....the buyer will get a strike on their account.

If they just decided after inspecting it that it was not suitable then you should send a cancellation request....hopefully the buyer will agree to it and you will get your fees back quickly.  If they do not agree you will have to wait for it to close before your fees are refunded.

As a seller you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer as it is against the rules and could see you sanctioned.

If you go the Unpaid Item route neither of you will be able to leave feedback....a good thing if the buyer takes exception to you opening it.

If you do the Cancellation then the buyer can leave you any sort of feedback that they like.

Ask a Question