Why cannot I connect to the payment pages to complete a purchase?

Using Firefox on a PC. Account works on other devices but not the PC. Which setting is not set correctly? Access Denied page displayed.

View Entire Topic

Found this - 

Today I bought a vinyl record on Ebay as a Christmas gift. Because I live in Europe, I use a VPN occasionally to watch US Netflix shows. I forgot it was running in the background when I purchased the record and received an email from Ebay that my account was permanently suspended with no explanation and no option for appeal. After some snooping in forums, I realized it was most likely due to the VPN running in the background on my computer. Now I am banned for life. Every time I try to contact Ebay they tell me "Upon checking, your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. We look at several different aspects of an account to determine risk. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss all of the factors we take into consideration" and immediately end the chat.

I have found no official statement from Ebay saying that VPNs are not allowed. In a world where VPNs are becoming more and more popular for security reasons, I hope that Ebay changes its policy soon. So please learn from my mistake and turn off your VPN when using Ebay!

Ask a Question