UNABLE to join ebay PLUS using PAYPAL to pay the attractive promoted discount

Live CHAT "help" requested that I delete my Paypal connection to ebay and reconnect to 'resolve' issue. Apparently even their help service is not informed how to assist correctly.

They expect credit/debit cards for internal payments while still allowing Paypal to pay for all other services to buyers. But will not accept Paypal as a method of paying for their annual membership to ebay Plus.

Initially I wasn't intending to join ebay Plus again as express post service is NOT available to Perth WA but the offer of 90% discount this year makes it worth while to try again. But as you read above you can no longer pay for their own service with PayPal.

Very disappointed with ebay.

Please quit nagging me to join PLUS when I do not use a credit card on Paypal or ebay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I am not sure what they meant with "deleting your PayPal connection to eBay" and then reconnecting, as they have been independent for years now.

And yes, you are right. Their CS representatives can only answer general questions. Maybe you should try live chat again and then ask to talk to a supervisor (better not on the weekend).

I am not sure why they don't accept PayPal - probably because they want to withdraw money from your cc on a regular basis, although recurrent payments are also possible in PayPal.

But it could be a blessing in disguise. Many people are disappointed with eBay Plus. I have never even joined the trial because I am not interested and the sellers I usually buy from are small sellers who don't use it either.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nobody here is nagging you to do anything

This is a member to member forum which nobody from eBay reads

And  a good deal of members here would say eBay Plus is a thing to avoid, not actively suggest anyone does

Especially when so many people do join, and then come on the forum ranting they 'did'nt know' the had to pat fees after the free trail period, or that they 'never joined' but are being charged for it 

Ask a Question