New Contact & Help link is absolutely useless and there is no apparent way to now contact ebay!

I have just spent a very frustrating hour trying to contact ebay via either email or phone to sort out an urgent account issue - only to find that they have yet again changed the system and it is now apparently impossible to either phone or email customer service in Australia.  I tried following the links to accurately describe my problem, only to get to the end and get the message that 'there is no help service for this topic by email or phone'. In desperation I tried changing my question to all sorts of problems from buying to selling, just to see if I could reach those incommunicado customer service agents, only to get the same result. Is this a glitch with the new system, or has ebay decided that we customers no longer need any help or response?  The system still works on ebay.com but there is only the option to phone and I don't fancy the overseas call charges. What the?....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New Contact & Help link is absolutely useless and there is no apparent way to now contact ebay!

What type of account problem?

If you follow the Contact Us prompts and select Account > Protecting your Account

You get Call/Call us/Chat/Email options

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1488&optionId=1192866263

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What type of account problem?

If you follow the Contact Us prompts and select Account > Protecting your Account

You get Call/Call us/Chat/Email options

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1488&optionId=1192866263

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you, your link works fine, no others on my system did however! Maybe a temporary glitch.....

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The link works for me now too but early last week I couldnt find the ' Chat with us " link. It wasnt given as an option,

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

This link doesn't work for me

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I figured it out, IE it doesn't work Chrome it does work.

thank you

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you are still using IE on ebay it is a wonder you can access anything.  Members have long been advised to use Firefox or Chrome and ditch IE.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply