Being Defrauded by a customers Lies

If a customer Costs you more than a refund is worth, by lieing!
What recourse do I have?
When I have a faulty Item I automatically Phone them ASAP to sort the issue with either a refund or an exchange whatever the customer wants to sort the issue. This is the case with Johnli.
Here is the exact case -
#Customer sent notification about a faulty Zip in his Pants.
#I Rang the customer to sort the issue to see if they wanted a replacement pair or a Refund,
#I informed the customer that if he wished for a replacement pair I would detour my journey to Sydney in the next few Days, to pick up the faulty pair and replace them. I also said that if he just wanted a refund I would email him a prepaid Label and refund the Pants as soon as they were received, because to call in and replace the faulty pair would cost me 200km and 3hrs driving time. Added to an already long 900km trip. But that I was prepared to do it for a replacement and hence look forward to a happy customer and future return Business. The customer was happy with that and his only request was that I try and get there By 11.00am.
# I left Melbourne @ 2.00am giving me plenty of time to do the 7.5hr trip to Canberra although along the way I came across an elderly couple with a flat tire around 4.00am trying to change it in the Dark with nothing but passing traffic for light, of course I had no choice but to stop and lend a hand.
# I waited till a reasonable hour 8.00am and contacted Johhnys (sister or Partner) explaining my delay stating that I would be late (around 12.00 or 12.30) and if this was an issue I could Post them with the return return satchel to save me the KM and Time.
#12.09 she text back asking where I was - I explained 23km as per my navigator.
#12.20 She text saying that Johnny had to leave and because he couldn't try them on he would just take a refund.
# I called and said that I would leave the item with them because I was late and we could discuss it on my return trip.
#On arrival 12.23 It became apparent that it was all a Lie to save Johnny from going to the post office and putting them in the post.He had no intention to get a replacement pair at all. and left his little sister there to do the talking.
I will refund the pants if I have to! But I would like to not refund the postage and if possible only 80% of the Pant cost.

Shaun Latta
<Removed>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)