FRAUD AND THEFT

Hello

Was hoping for some advice? I recently sold a very expensive vintage dinner set. I sent the buyer 5 huge boxes carefully wrapped. The buyer contacted me one of the items was broken. I explained all the boxes were insured and she could claim this from AUS Post.

To cut a long story short- EBAY REFUNDED THE BUYER FULL AMOUNT AND BILLED ME FOR A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY. In essence the buyer kept the items and was fully refunded The buyer made no effort to return the items has chosen to RE-SELL the items on ebay for astromical amounts of money. I have spoken to EBAY multiple times to no avail. 

I believe this qualifies as THEFT and FRAUD. 

Any advice would be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I am happy to be corrected.

However I believe any claim on insurance is down to the seller.

Sounds like you ignored an INAD Case & eBay refunded the buyer without having to return.

That would be pilot error.

The buyer now selling the items does not qualify as "THEFT and FRAUD" as it appears you made no effort to have the item returned.

Or is there more to this story?

As mentioned above, the seller is the one to claim on insurance. You will need to provide photos of the package to show the boxes were packaged well.

Did you respond to the dispute within the correct time frame and follow the process.

1. buyer lodges dispute SNAD

2. seller has 3 days to respond - accept the return and provide return postage label

3. if you didn’t respond and accept the return, eBay will find in favour of the buyer without the buyer having to return the item

The following is from Aust Post and is the reason why most sellers don't bother claiming as the buyer needs to do the leg work for no real benefit when they can press a few buttons on ebay. Not sure how a seller could make a claim without the buyer taking the parcel to the Post Office.

Items received damaged or missing contents
  • Present the damaged item and the packaging at a Post Office for a damage report to be completed (only the person to whom the item is addressed can present the item). Please note that not all of our Post Offices are able to complete damage reports.