How do I reply to negative feedback (2 items , same buyer)?

Earlier this month I fell on my way out the door (complete with the ebay satchels), couldn't get up so called the ambulance.  The satchels were the last thing on my mind.

Long story short; I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and 2 days, transferred to RPA (Sydney) for surgery and in and out of consciousness  but I did finally manage to contact a friend to get and send satchels.

Arriving home I find 42 (yes 42!) ebay messages from the buyer in which he called me a hag, a thief, a shrew and that he wished all hell upon me and my family....and the two negs.

I started deleting until I realized that I should keep them.  I'd like to reply to the negs, as I see other people do so that potential buyers can see ther was a reason for the items being two weeks late.

So how is it done, please? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have not done yourself any favours in your feedback replies.....it draws attention to other feedback replies which show you in a very bad light.

No matter how aggrieved you feel calling buyers cows and nuisances does you no credit at all.

While 42 emails may be excessive, making a point of mentioning them just shows that the buyer had very good reason for his anger as you were not replying.....and why would you report a buyer when it is entirely your fault that he was so frustrated.  You should have been apologising to him.

On your feedback profile page scroll down to Reply to Feedback on the RHS.

The negs appear to have been left more than a month ago...not that it matters.

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Answers (0)