Pretty sure I'm being scammed

So I listed my item as pickup only (it's too big to post, usually) and someone from another country took the buy it now. Looking at their feedback history, they have been inactive for a year. That alone was a red flag.
Took 24 hours to get this message:

Hi,i want to let you know that I'm happy to be the buyer of your loving item,am buying it for my adopted-son at oversea as a Christmas gift,i want the item to be posted out Via AUSTRALIAN POST EXPRESS(AT LEAST 3-4 DAYS DELIVERY)for Fast delivery,I will offer you the sum $489 for the cost of the item and shipment.I will be paying you for the item via Bank Deposit,get back to me on my personal email on eBay and also with your bank details also with the ebay item number or to this email(xxxxxxxxx@ optonline.net)so that i can make payment

I assume the final value fee has already been added to my fees that that sucks, and I only get it back if they accept to cancel. What if they don't? I assume Ebay customer reps won't cancel this for me because they can't prove it's a scam. Although I assume the facts 1) It was pickup only 2) They want to pay "outside" of Ebay already breached their rules.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)