Chronic non-payers: how many times does a person not have to honour 'a legally binding agreement' in order for eBay to shut down the account

sirens_keep
Community Member

Regarding chronic non-payers: how many times does a person have to NOT honour 'a legally binding agreement' in order for eBay to shut down the account? This is a buyer's 6th non-payment in one month (according to feedback left by other sellers; other sellers have indicated that they have reported her to eBay... but to no avail). If I had time to read all of the feedback of all of my bidders I would have cancelled her bid, however, I did not, so now I am stuck with her. So, really how many times are non-paying 'buyers' 'allowed' to not pay before they face some consequences? 

View Entire Topic

When l have a buyer who doesn't pay & totally disregards the Unpaid Item Dispute l block them immediately.

But that doesn't stop them from changing their user name & doing it again & again!!!

Watch out for buyers who have recently changed their ID & check out their former ID's.

Also once bidding has finished check the postal address.

I blocked a buyer only to have her bid & win another item & she gave the same address that went with her former ID so l cancelled the transaction there & then & reported her to Ebay.