I am new to selling so I accepted your advise to put the item on auction and price $0.99 and offered

I am new to any selling so I accepted your advice to put the item on 'auction and price $0.99 also free shipping'. Guess what?

The new evening gown (Myer $250) was sold for $10.50 and I should pay for shipping probably at least $20. Is this for real?

There should have been a minimum price accepted and not just sell an item for nothing.

Of, course I cancelled the sale and refunded the customer.

I want all my items for sale CANCELLED.

Not impressed

Zdenka Lenard

View Entire Topic

@lenlez-anlact85s wrote:

I am new to any selling so I accepted your advice to put the item on 'auction and price $0.99 also free shipping'. Guess what?

The new evening gown (Myer $250) was sold for $10.50 and I should pay for shipping probably at least $20. Is this for real?

There should have been a minimum price accepted and not just sell an item for nothing.

Of, course I cancelled the sale and refunded the customer.

I want all my items for sale CANCELLED.

Not impressed

Zdenka Lenard

okay, Zdenka, I'll declare from the outset that I am a complete numpty male who knows little about women's clothing . . . . . but, I do know a bit about eBay, how buyers think, how buyers search and how successful sellers list their items.

My advice, if you are unhappy with the price your item received, is to improve your listings.

Start with the title.  You get 80 characters for the title, so use EVERY single one of them.  Using "Women's clothing" as a title is a newbie error.  Put the brand/manufacturer name in the title as well as the size.  Clothes sellers will have more advice on titles, but start with my advice.

Put measurements in your description.  You get a lot of space for a description, so why only use one line?  Put measurements in your description so that potential buyers can know whether the items will fit them or not.  Look at the listings of high selling feedback clothes sellers and use their listings for inspiration.  I am not saying to copy other member's listings, just study them and make yours better.

Include more photos.  You get to include 12 photos for free, so why only put in one.  Make sure you include photos of any defect/blemishes on the items or else you will have problems post sale.  You can also include a tape measure in some of your pics to show the measurement from armpit to armpit for tops (is this what it is called????? Numpty me does not know!)

Anyway, I could go on about your listings, but others with more experience will come along and give more clothes specific advice, so I will now give some generic advice selling on eBay.

When putting your listings together you need to use your imagination.  I am not saying to make stuff up, I am saying you need to imagine what your target buyers would search for when looking for clothes.  Make sure you include in your listings the things buyers will want to read and the search terms they will use.

For example, if you are a size 12 (is this normal/big/small?  Again, I am a clothing numpty) would you search for "size 12 jacket" or just "jacket"?  When looking for a specific item would you search for "women's clothes"?

I could go no, but will leave you with this last piece of advice.  Find a post on a thread by a seller called thecatspjs and take a look at her listings.  Start with this: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/thecatspjs/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

Finally, good luck with your eBay selling and know that we all started off at one stage and most of us struggled and made mistakes.