Registration for Managed Payments

Do I have to register for Managed Payments or can I continue the way I am at present using Paypal and Bank deposit?  With Managed Payments, it appears that the fees will be higher.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I have analysed the seller fees under the managed payments system for my Featured Store level.

You pay $54.95 per month to list your 1500 items free.

You pay a final value fee of 10.7% of the item sale total (this includes Postage).

If you sell to overseas you will pay a further 1% international sales fee (on the sale price, Postage and the Tax the buyer pays)

If you sell overseas you will also pay a further 3% currency conversion fee (on the sales price, Postage and Tax the buyer pays)

As an Australian seller - selling to overseas buyers this amounts to 14.7% of what your buyer pays (which includes the item, the Postage and their tax and the currency converted rate).

The fees are really getting up there to participate in a competitive market that effectively drives prices down. 

I haven't been given the option yet.

You don't have to register until asked.

I've been invited to pre-register, with the incentive that if I do it before 31/5, I will not have to pay insertion fees (presumably, ever).