What are the benefits of being a Power Seller? I DO NOT want to be!

On the 1 May 2013 (in Australia)- Listing an item for auction on eBay is increasing in cost from $0.50c to $1.50 -

OK - tiny question - HOW can a 200% increase in fees be justified? Any other company - banking, retail, service... etc would be 'run out of town' surely?

Non Power Sellers can list 30 items a month free! which is the level I personally list on average. But shake the useless Power Seller status? - Near impossible! And I have tried.

So, After listing fees, final value fees, Auctiva fees  (basic Auctiva is worth having) -  and Paypal fees what is left for the seller of small inexpensive items? 1 choice - gain more by donating the goods to charity instead. That strategy may not help you pay any bills, but it will make you feel happy.

Opinion - eBay have what we know as the 'dead wood' syndrome - so sadly common in the professional workplace in todays world - intimidate and deflate the roots that made the company until they shrivel and leave 'voluntarily' with no redundancy package or gold watch.

If eBay want to get rid of the small sellers who helped them to become a multi-billion dollar 'industry' - then just have the guts (courage and integrity) to SAY SO!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)