When a buyer refuses to communicate via the ebay email system.....

I recenlty made the error of placing the wrong labels on 2 parcels, so the buyers got each other's items. The buyer who received the wrong item first notified my immediately and I went right in to damage control and emailed the other buyer about my error, asking that the parcel remain unopened and I would cover costs of postage once they receive it, so they can send it straight to the correct buyer. I did the same for the first buyer.

Second buyer never responded, so I used the buyer contact details link (mobile number.....ebay's first error, because this enabled outside of ebay contact) to text the buyerand appeal again. They were very nice and said they would honour my request. Well, after that I only heard from them via phone call, which I didn't answer because I needed record of what was said. Days later we texted back and forth, buyer's initiation, whereby they were very scathing and in the end used the item they received to blackmail me by saying that they will retain the item until I refunded them for their correct item because they changed their mind. Time and time again I asked (her) to reply via the ebay message system. This went ignored every time.

There's more to this saga and the crux of it was, that I got no help whatsoever from customer support, after 4 tries at chat and a couple of phone calls. Most of them didn't even know what to do. The buyer left negative feedback even though I did my uptmost to do the correct thing and stayed in control of myself. I even took screen shots of all the texting that took place and uploaded them into messages to the buyer via ebay message. 

The image I tried to upload here is wrong format and is the very first attempt to contact her because she didn't respond to the message via ebay system. There are 6 more,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)