2.4kg on 500g label

Just got a pakage way bigger than a 500g satchel would hold ....it weighed 2.41kg and came on an ebay printed 500g satchel label.

How is that possible ?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

2.4kg on 500g label

Dumb luck probably - the Post Office usually catch those and send a bill to the sender for the underpaid postage and extra costs. It probably just got loaded without being weighed, or without anyone noticing that it was overweight.

I don't think the seller will get away with it too often.

Marina

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

2.4kg on 500g label

This was a high volume seller who sells lots of these. (4 rolls of 28cm wide for a  vacuum sealer. )

No wonder Aus post has to put their prices ...

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

2.4kg on 500g label

Could be seller simply accidently clicked wrong selection and process a whole batch without realizing. i have accidently printed wrong label size. They then attached the label with your name on your package without checking weight on label with package. at least you didn't get someone elses package with your label on it.

I doubt a seller would deliberately try that on.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

2.4kg on 500g label

go-tazz
Community Member

Wrong label selected,(it should have been the 3kg satchel which is just below the 500gr one in eBay postage),Who knows.gif

As stated,the seller was lucky or AP understood the mistake,good.gif

What was the postage cost in the listing?

The 500 gr one is $7.15

The 3 kg one is $11.70

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

2.4kg on 500g label

@go-tazz wrote:

Wrong label selected,(it should have been the 3kg satchel which is just below the 500gr one in eBay postage),Who knows.gif

As stated,the seller was lucky or AP understood the mistake,good.gif

What was the postage cost in the listing?

The 500 gr one is $7.15

The 3 kg one is $11.70

Poistage was included so not too fussed. Just more curious actually. Might order another batch and see how that comes ..... I burn through this stiff so it wont go astray.

Thanks for the input folks. Guess ya just have to hold your mouth right when you post it !

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply