7 sold out of 300 books !!!

I was just viewing a booksellers Completed Listings.....they had 889 listed & I checked through 300 of them.....they had 7 sales out of that first 300 [didn't check the other 589].  I hope everyone isn't doing as well as this seller on here these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I would imagine books to be hard to sell.... I paid $180 for a book once....

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Look at the completed listings for practically any categroy, and you'll see that only a tiny fraction of anything listed here actually sells.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

300 books listings only costs $15.00

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I've got 400 odd listed and sell 15-30 a month.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

'300 books listings only costs $15.00'

Plus the $50 for the store, so $65 + all the time taking photos, writing descriptions, uploading, etc.

Hardly worth the cash and effort, unless those seven books each brought a massive proifit.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Completed listings aren't always an indication of sales. If a seller lists using multiple quanitities and Good til Cancelled the sales will not show as Completed until the seller ends the listing or the quantity runs to zero.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

True, which means the seller's actual sales may have been even worse!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

All the sellers books were vintage/collectable, not newbies, so no multiple listings.

As a casual seller I know how much effort goes into listing an INDIVIDUAL item, [as stated above], the photo, description, dimensions etc, so selling 'one off' is very time consuming.

All listings were BIN so it wasn't like buyers had to wait 7 or more days to purchase.

Also as pointed out above there is the store cost.

I would have thought as e-books become more popular [think of all the businesses that will fold when there are no tangible books to sell] & printed material looks like taking the path of obsolecence that people would want to begin collecting books for posterity !!  Scary to think that something that once played such a Major role in education & relaxation could one day be gone forever !!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I buy 2 or 3 different magazines from the US and they were in the luxury category when it came to price to be paid in AU$ but I haven't paid anywhere near what I used to pay because for the last 2 years I have been buying them as downloads and the magazines are on their own dedicated hard drive and I pay a pittance to get them.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply